• GENERAL TERMS:
- $225 minimum charge. This applies to parts orders, service, rentals, diagnostics, site surveys, etc.
- We require prior notice of any worksite hazards or requirements (i.e. hard hats, excessive mud, road hazards, roof access, etc).
- Because we are very rarely asked to accept payment using credit cards, our quotes, by default, will include a discount for cash and/or check (3%). As credit card purchases are not eligible for this cash discount, when requesting a quote for work to be paid by credit card, please specify that you do not want your cash discount. However, if you wish to retain your cash discount and still pay by credit card, you may issue a payment via Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing that all processing fees are borne by the sender.
- All related costs associated with complying with paperwork requirements that are above and beyond our normal offerings are additionally billable*.
• PROPOSAL TERMS:
- All proposals, unless otherwise specified, expire after 30 days†. After that, prices are subject to change.
- All bid prices assume work done by normal appointment during regular business hours on a convenient date**.
- By default, net is due at completion of work. Net 5, Net 10, Net 30 terms available OAC.ǂ
- Tax rate is based on service and/or delivery location.
- Itemized proposal prices assume acceptance of entire proposal, otherwise travel and other charges may apply.
• GENERATOR SALES TERMS:
- Sale prices for in-stock generators are good only while supplies last †.
- Special-order generator price quotes valid for 20 days.
- ~25-50% non-refundable deposit required either at ordering of generator or to hold a generator, depending. Call for exact terms.
- Net due at delivery. Net 5 available OAC.ǂ
- Sales tax rate is based on delivery location.
- All sales are final.
• INVOICE TERMS:
- Projects under $1,000 - Net due at delivery and/or completion of work except OAC ǂ .
- Projects over $1,000 - Deposit at signing of 10% or $1,000, whichever is less. Progress payments may be required at 25%, 50% and 75% completion.
- Past due invoices are subject to 2.5% monthly interest. Invoices unpaid after 30 days may be subject to an administrative fee of not less than the minimum charge above.
- Same-as-cash payments can be made to QUICKPAY@AAAAGen.com using the clearxchange network (aka Chase Quickpay, Wells Fargo SurePay, Capital One P2P).
- Credit card payments can be made to PAYPAL@AAAAGen.com using PayPal (same as credit card - may forfeit cash discount).
• RENTAL TERMS:
- On any bid project, where we provide connection and disconnection of generator, taxes are included in the bid price.
- Any refueling costs are always additional.
- Rental pricing assumes single shift (eight hours or less per day, 40 hours or less per week) unless otherwise specified.
- Working automatic transfer switch and two-wire-start must be operational and accessible for generator to be fully automatic.
- Generator rental security is the responsibility of the renter. If the generator will not be kept in a secure location, separate insurance is recommended.
- If generator is to comply with NFPA-110 requirements, power at proper voltage from load side of ATS must be present in order to power block heater and battery charger.
- No single generator above 30kW (50hp) may be rented for more than 12 months for a single location, as that would violate its CARB permit.
- If the size generator reserved is unavailable, we may provide a larger generator at no additional expense to you.
- All rentals are OACǂ.For new accounts, deposit equivalent to one, two or three month's rental may be required at delivery. All excess payments will be refunded at return of rental in good condition.
- Deposit of 25% of one month's rental cost required to hold a generator for a specific date.
- Maintenance is the responsibility of the renter. Oil and filter changes are due each 100hrs on gasoline portables and each 200hrs on diesel portables (or each year, whichever occurs first). Any damage resulting from lack of maintenance by the renter will be repaired at the expense of the renter. In addition, renters who have not maintained their generator(s) on time will be subject to additional charges equivalent to one week's rental rate for one missed maintenance interval, one month's rental rate for two consecutive missed maintenance intervals and, should there be three or more consecutive missed maintenance intervals, the generator's engine will be considered a total loss and its replacement value will be due.
• RESIDENTIAL CONTRACTS:
- California's Contractors' State License Board (CSLB) often requires that certain verbiage be placed in residential contracts, depending on the type and scope of the project. Rather than use multiple contracts for different scenarios to satisfy CSLB requirements, AAAA Generator Services uses a full Home Improvement Contract for all residential services, regardless of type and scope.
Prior arrangements and written contracts supersede these terms and conditions, of course. :-)
While AAAA Generators does its best to keep labor and travel rates consistently low, we are subject to changing fuel other costs which can change rapidly. AAAA Generators will do its best to keep increases to less than 15% per year. We will provide prior written notification of any increase of more than 15% year over year.
ǂOAC - On Approved Credit - credit terms must be negotiated prior to ordering and/or signing of contract. Absent this, net is due at delivery and/or completion of work.
†Prices for generator sales are subject to reconfirmation.
*As required, AAAA Generator Services is able to comply with third party Vendor Compliance Management Services (VCMS), provide additional insurance and is otherwise flexible. However, all costs related to complying with requirements that are above and beyond our normal offerings are additionally billable. For most VCMS, this amounts to a flat fee of $225. For insurance above our normal $2,000,000 or for other requirements, please call for a quote.
**Appointments are scheduled based on technician availability as well as grouping of similar customers in the area, to minimize travel. Areas from San Jose to Marin are usually more easily scheduled than Napa, for example. If urgency and/or an exact arrival time is requested, let us know and we will provide a performance guarantee. Expense caused by customer requested delays, cancellations, return trips, etc. are additionally billable.
Formal terms and conditions may be downloaded in PDF format here