AAAA Generator Services Inc maintains our own fleet of portable and trailer mounted generators, UPS and load banks for rent. AAAA's collection of portable "suitcase" load banks is the largest in the San Francisco Bay Area (with total weight including 20' cables, pigtails and wheeled case under 100lbs). This allows us to provide NFPA-110 load banks for up to 2mW rooftop generators with ease while others are still trying to figure out how to run the long cables and/or find a balcony with sufficient weight ratings. AAAA also maintains a fleet of transfer switches up to 2000A, including closed transition, delayed, in-phase (less than 100ms) and manual types. As for UPS, AAAA sells and services all major brands as well as rents expandable N+1 UPS in 10kVA steps for 208V and 30kW steps for 480V.
Regarding standby power connections: AAAA provides professional connections and/or installations for customers requiring delivery along with connection of standby power equipment. AAAA is also available for emergency connections (2hr response times 24/7/365) starting as low as $1,600.
We've found that most of the new tier 4 tech in today's engines is simply not mature (though some of the latest tech is promising). So please note that all of our generators use no diesel exhaust fluid (DEF, a.k.a. Selective Catalytic Reduction, or SCR), have no diesel particulate filters (no DPF means not having to regularly regen, which forces the generator offline) and no automatic load banks (so when running at low loads, you're not wasting a ton of fuel). In our experience, if you want to avoid big reliability problems, minimize your running costs and otherwise not have to pamper your generator like a spoiled child, you'll want to avoid the early version of these technologies. In short, we've gone out of our way to ensure that the generators we rent use the most proven and reliable engines ever made, making them as "bullet proof" as possible.
Our customers are often pleasantly surprised to find that there are no hidden charges with our rentals. Unlike most, we pay the sales tax when we purchase generators, so there is no sales tax when we, in turn, rent them out (California requires tax be paid either at purchase -or- each time it is rented). We also don't sneak in environmental fees or any other surprise fees after the rental. We've rented equipment plenty of times from others in the San Francisco Bay Area and found out the hard way for ourselves what it is like to be quoted one price but then get a bill for a lot of charges that were not on the original quote! So we go to great lengths to ensure that our invoicing matches your original quote.
For most of the generators listed below, the standby rating of the generator is given. If you intend to run these for prime power, please let us know. For any generator in our own fleet, we will match or beat any advertised price, though our minimum charge applies to generator rentals. We also have steep discounted rates for pre-paid extended rentals past 3 months, including <50hp (exempt from local permitting), tier 4 final and other BAAQMD-compliant models. Rentals more than 60 miles from Hayward, CA (especially out-of-state) must be quoted. All pricing is subject to availability:
- $325/day 25kVA/20kW quiet diesel trailer iT4 generator, 66 gallon tank (>31hr runtime), 66dB, 120% fuel containment, 95x35x52
- $380/day 48kVA/40kW quiet diesel trailer T4F generator, 25 gallon tank (>8hr runtime)
- $380/day 50kVA/40kW quiet diesel trailer T1 generator, 79 gallon tank (24hr runtime) Has transformer for 120V power when set to 480V. Standby only
- $615/day 84kVA/69kW quiet diesel trailer iT4 generator, 189 gallon tank (>38hr runtime), 65dB, 110% fuel containment, 166x72x83
- $790/day 132kVA/106kW quiet diesel trailer T3 generator, 200 gallon combined tank capacity, 71dB, oversize tank and trailer,
- $1,015/day 193kVA/155kW quiet diesel trailer T3 generator, 290 gallon tank, 74dB
- $1,780/day 440kVA/352kW studio quiet diesel trailer T2 generator, 350 gallon tank, 209s72x135
- $2,405/day 625kVA/500kW quiet diesel trailer T2 generator, 600 gallon tank, 70db, 284x96x162
- UPS rentals are also available starting at $1,000 per week for 30kVA (delivery and startup charges also apply)
- Transfer switch rentals are generally $1.90/month/amp for standard transfer switches (delivery and startup charges also apply)
Standard Extended Rental Multipliers:
- Multiply daily rate by 2 for weekly rate
- Multiply daily rate by 4 for 4 week rate
- Multiply by 1.5 for double shift (where usage exceeds 8hrs/day, 40hrs/week)
- Multiply by 2 for unlimited hours (where usage exceeds 16hrs/day, 80hrs/week, aka "Prime Power")
Oil changes are due at 100hrs on gasoline portables and 200hrs on diesel portables. Maintenance is the responsibility of the renter and proof of maintenance must be provided at required intervals (i.e. photos of replaced filters showing date and hours which must be written on the filters). Generators returned without maintenance having been performed on time will be subject to additional charges of at least one week's rental rate per incident as well as costs for any repairs.
Delivery prices usually need to be quoted but local delivery for <200kW generators during normal business hours starts at $139 for every 10 miles (one way). After-hours multipliers apply.
50A power boxes are $40/wk. 5 position 10,000lb 3' long cable ramps are $15/wk. 4/0 cable rental pricing is $1.80/ft/wk (per foot per week) and $2.50/ft/mo.
Generator rental security is the responsibility of the renter. If the generator will not be kept in a secure location, separate insurance is recommended.
We're frequently asked about pricing for an emergency generator when the power is out and where connection to the building is also required. In these instances, by default (but not guaranteed), our standard quoted price will usually include urgent delivery, connection within 25' (additional distances available but must be quoted), on site training, transfer testing (if power has returned), one week's rental of both generator and cables, disconnection and pickup after one week. Fuel is always additional unless specifically included in the rental agreement. Rental will continue so long as either the rent is paid or pickup is requested.
If ever you're finished early with your rental, let us know. If someone else has requested the same equipment, we may be able to provide you with an early return discount.